Wednesday, October 19, 2011

3dp5dt (Three Days Past 5 Day Transfer)

Transfer day has come and gone!  It was a really good experience overall, even if the procedure itself was uncomfortable.  They want you to have a full bladder - Then they push and poke you LOTS!!!  I joked with my mom and Rob that, "down there", It's cloudy with a chance of showers. It was great that they were there to keep me company and helped to keep my mind off the stressful stuff a little.  

After some deep conversations of pro's and con's about how many embryo's to implant, we decided on one.  The Dr. was reassuring me that because of my age and health that my odds of success with one is high.  Putting two in, would probably result in twins and everyone is a little scared of that since this would be my first pregnancy.

They gave me a relaxant, wheeled me in to the operating room.  As they were doing the transfer, I got to see my embryo on the monitor and it really chocked me up.  Pretty AWESOME!!!  I went home and had to be on bed rest for two days....It sounds like a lot of fun, but really it isn't!!!  I wanted to get up and do things, but I know that the best thing for that baby was to hold still.  

Here's the first picture of our 5 day miracle embryo!  The embryo is hatching and half the cells are making the placenta and the other side is making the Fetus.  SO COOL!!!


Here is what's going to happen in the next week!
..........Embryo is growing and developing
0dpt...Embryo is now a blastocyst
1dpt...Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
3dpt.. Implantation begins, as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining

4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
5dpt.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
7dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
8dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT



Now it's time to wait!  I hate waiting!

1 comment: